If I was ever asked "Would you live life over again" my response would be "absolutely NOT". I have been through a lot and overcome many obstacles in life. I am who I am because of the challenges I was dealt. I am a stronger and better person today than I have ever been. I'm ready to begin living my life.

About Me

My photo
I am a 27 year old mother to my precious son Aaron Maleek. I thank God for Aaron's father because without him I wouldn't have such an amazing child. Even though I divorced my first husband, God had great things in store for me. Happy to say I found my soul mate and my best friend.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

My parents are my inspiration

Let me start by saying that I have the most amazing parents on this earth. Not only have they had to deal with raising me (which wasn't easy) but they have shown me over the years what true love really is. My parents were both married then divorced and married each other. My mother has always told me "You live and you learn with your first and you make right with your second" These are the strongest words and the words that have given me hope that I would love again. My parents have been married 30 years. Even though like every marriage they have had their ups and downs their love never fails. The love my father has for my mother is the most amazing love I have ever seen. I prayed that one day I would find a man that would love me, respect me and treat me the way he treats me mom. I am happy to say my wish came true and my Prince Charming showed me that he loves me the same way my father loves my mother. No marriage is easy. Thirty Years and raising the three daughters my parents were faced with many challenges and many heartaches, but one thing they always had was eachother and they never gave up on their love. Their love is what they have and they love eachother more and more everyday. Sometimes I joke around with them but only because of the heartache I was going through with the divorce from my ex, I actually envied the love that they had for one another. One memory that gave me hope happened just a few weeks ago. I went over to my parents house and my mom said that her and dad were listening to the 60's station on XM Radio. She played the song "Color me Father". As she played that song I listened to the words and my parents started dancing in the living room and you could tell how "completely in love" they are. It brought my tears to my eyes and I thought to myself. I want to be just like them. I want the love my parents have, the never ending love, the I would give my life for you love, the love that conquers all and never gives up no matter what. God truly blessed me when he gave me this love. My parents are my inspiraion. I wanted to find a man just like my father and when I wasn't even searching God put this man into my life and showed me the true meaning of love. Thank you mom and dad for all the wonderful memories and for teaching and showing me what marriage is supposed to be like and that you never give up and your spouse is your best friend. I love you both with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment