If I was ever asked "Would you live life over again" my response would be "absolutely NOT". I have been through a lot and overcome many obstacles in life. I am who I am because of the challenges I was dealt. I am a stronger and better person today than I have ever been. I'm ready to begin living my life.

About Me

My photo
I am a 27 year old mother to my precious son Aaron Maleek. I thank God for Aaron's father because without him I wouldn't have such an amazing child. Even though I divorced my first husband, God had great things in store for me. Happy to say I found my soul mate and my best friend.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

"Step-Daddy"

Step-daddy is Aaron's new word. He says it over and over and over and over. If there is one thing I absolutely love about my future husband it is that he adores my son and my son adores him. I couldn't ask for anything more than that. From the day that Gary walked into Aaron's life he was the hand's on step-dad and he immediately fell in love with my son (~Aaron seems to win everyone over~).
As I watch them play outside or wrestle and play in the house I thank God so much for Aaron and for brining Gary into our lives. How thankful I am that Aaron has someone to teach and show him & show him how to become a man as he grows up.
Aaron knows who is father is and since he is 3, I don't think he fully understands that Gary is his step-father. Since Gary entered Aaron's life at such a young age, they will have a bond just like father and son and that is what makes me so happy. Gary will be able to teach him things mommy can't teach him and talk to him about things he isn't comfortable talking to mommy about. Gary will be able to tuck him in every night with me and teach him new things every day. Gary will be able to help coach his sports and put on his football gear (because lord knows mommy can't do it......and step-daddy was the football player). I am very thankful God put such a wonderful man in my life that treats and cares for Aaron like his own son and who will be by my side to help me raise and care for my precious little man. I can't ask for anything more. I love my boys.





2 comments:

  1. This post made me tear up a little bit. You are so in love with your son and Gary and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am. My son is my reason for breathing and the love I share with Gary will make our house complete. Aaron is truly loved and has Gary and I to teach him and show him this wonderful thing called life. I am just very blessed to have Gary by my side to help me raise Aaron.

    ReplyDelete